As part of a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Task Order, CEI is currently completing an asbestos survey with PCB sampling for 28 structures located on a U.S. Army installation. CEI is conducting a limited survey and sampling for suspect asbestos containing material (ACM) and polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) in building materials for 28 buildings. CEI was hired to:
- Sample suspect ACM material not previously sampled;
- Perform a physical ACM survey to identify data gaps and quantify unidentified ACM;
- Provide an update on the condition of both newly and previously identified ACM;
- Confirm documented abatement activities and identified undocumented abatement activities;
- Collect select PCB samples if an ACM sample has also been collected under the current contract.
- Update existing CAD drawings with new sampling and abatement data.
- Develop cost estimates for the removal of newly identified ACM and update cost estimates for previously identified ACM.
Additionally, CEI was contracted to update the site-specific Asbestos Management Plan which dictates how ACM is managed to protect employees, tenants and visitors from unsafe ACM exposure.